Skin and Formulation, 5th Symposium &
17th Skin Forum
“Skin and Formulation”
Supported by Cosmetic Valley
on 23-24 September, 2019, in Reims
(Reims Convention Centre – Palais des Congrès)
Abstract Submission Deadline is May 15, 2019
There will be a mixture of plenary invited lectures (25 min + 10 min for discussion) and short communications (15 + 5 min) selected from the abstracts received from young researchers in order to have 24 podium presentations.
Short paper submission: Please submit short papers until 15 May 2019. Read carefully the instructions.
Acceptance of papers: Authors will be notified of acceptance of their short paper and the type of presentation (oral or poster) on 1 July 2019.
Sponsor and Exhibition
APGI and Skin Forum have established a package for any company who would like to sponsor the conference. Platinum sponsorship comes with a booth. You can find all information in the following document
Here is the list of invited speakers by order of presentation.
- Dr. Anne-Marie Pensé-Lhéritier, EBI, France -Sensory and sustainable challenges
- Dr. Céline Clavaud, L’Oréal, France - Skin microbiome signatures in healthy skin across daily life : perspectives for cosmetics
- Pr. Matthew Hardman, University of Hull, UK - Host-microbe interactions in wound healing
- Dr. Dominik Imfeld, DSM Ltd, Switzerland - Novel anti-aging approaches with bioactive lipids
- Pr. Jonathan Hadgraft, University of London, UK - Formulation science - a half century of progress?
- Dr. Milica Lukic, University of Belgrade, Serbia - From emulsions' stability concerns to sensory properties: tools that we use
- Pr. Mauricio Camargo and Dr. Javier Arrieta Escobar, University of Lorraine, France; Universidad Nacional, Bogota, Colombia - Integration of Heuristic Knowledge in the Design of a Skin Moisturizer
- Dr. Christian Riethmüller, Nanotechnology center Germany - AFM of the skin barrier
- Pr. Malcom R. Clench, Sheffield Hallam University, UK - MALDI-MSI for skin investigations
- Dr. Jean Doucet, Novitom, France - X-ray based methods for skin investigations
- Pr. Nicola Zamboni, ETH Zurich, Switzerland - Metabolomics and transcriptomics for aged skin
Marc Atallah, Zettafox-Mazars, France - Contributions of data on formulation of skin products
- Pr. Florence Agnely, Paris-Sud University, France - Contribution of interfacial rheology for the study of topical emulsions
- Dr. Pascal Brochette, Atellane, France - Rheology of skin products: industrial point of view
- Dr. Valentine Ibekwe, MHRA, UK - Regulation point of view
The convention centre is located in downtown Reims. It is easy reachable from Paris City Centre or CDG AIrport
- 30’ by TGV train from CDG Paris Airport
- 40’ by train from Paris (Gare de l’Est Station)
- 5’ walk from Reims TGV Centre Railway Station
A Champagne evening reception is organized on Monday 23 September 2019.
This symposium is supported by:
12th World Meeting on Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
More information will follow closer to the meeting!
Young investigator award
APGI thesis award 2018/2019
Dr Karen Peynshaert
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Ghent University
Promotors: Prof. Katrien Remaut and Prof. Stefaan De Smedt